Someone might realize the need to come out of a toxic relationship as it has no good end-story.
Relationship is a time consuming institution that drains a large chunk of our mental and emotional space whenever it doesn’t go right. As soon as you notice a red flag in your relationship, I believe it is the perfect time to take to your heels, except you can miraculously change the hand of time, if at all you can.
With that said, there are certain steps to take to yank yourself out of a toxic relationship, if you really want to
- Seek counsel: People in toxic relationship are advised to take counsel from friends, family, professionals and permit me to say, love doctors if need warrants. It could get difficult to think straight trying to get out of the relationship. You, need rehabilitation because the process takes time and you need supportive friends and family around you all through the process.
- Express your feelings: When trying to exit a toxic relationship, you need to express your feelings in every possible way. Do not keep too mute. Endeavour to express the way you feel to the person you’re in a toxic relationship with, hoping they would take it lightly and reasonably with you.
- Make a firm decision: After you must have expressed your feelings, the next thing is to make a concrete decision whether or not the relationship can be salvaged. If you see the need to fight for the relationship, then go ahead, if otherwise, kindly talk a beach walk-away from the relationship.
- Surround yourself with positivity: Whatever your decisions are, you need to back them up with a strong positive vibe. Ensure you stay positive at all instance. Do not rule out on love totally.
- Stick with your decision: As said earlier, do not back out on your decision. Hold firm to it for as long as you deem fit. It is normal that you miss the person you left; we are humans not robots and we have a mind. However, you need to remember that the decision you took was for good, so stick to it and resist the urge to go back to your toxic relationship.
It is better to leave a relationship when you notice the red flags or see the handwritings on the wall, than to continue bearing the emotional stress and assaults. One of such causes is a distance relationship