The recent upsurge in accounts being hacked is really alarming. One has to verify WhatsApp business number to avoid being a victim. Scammers are using it to defraud people of their hard-earned money using the identity of the victim as leverage.
Requirements to Verify
- You can only verify a phone number that you own. You can either use a mobile phone or a landline (fixed) number.
- You must be able to receive phone calls or SMS to the phone number you’re trying to verify.
- You must have all call-blocking settings, apps, or task-killers disabled.
- If you’re verifying through your mobile phone, you must have a working Internet connection through mobile data or Wi-Fi. If you’re roaming or have a bad connection, verification may not work. Try opening https://www.whatsapp.com/business/ on your mobile phone’s Internet browser to see if you’re connected to the Internet.
- If you’re verifying through a landline, tap Call me to request a phone call to receive your verification code.
How to verify
- Enter your phone number:
- Choose your country from the drop-down list. This will automatically fill in your country code in the box on the left.
- Enter your phone number in the box on the right. Don’t put a 0 before your phone number.
- Tap Next to receive a verification code. If prompted, you can also tap Call me to receive the code via phone call.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code you receive via SMS or phone call.
- Note: If you have iCloud Keychain enabled and have verified this number before, you may be automatically verified without receiving a new SMS code.
Using extension numbers for landline
Landline extension numbers aren’t supported to complete the verification process. Please use a landline number without an extension to verify your phone number. For security purposes, the 6-digit verification code is only sent to the landline number that you wish to use for your business account.
If you didn’t receive the 6-digit code by SMS
- Wait for the progress bar to finish and retry. The wait time may take up to 10 minutes.
- Don’t guess the code or you’ll be locked out for a period of time.
- If the timer runs out before you receive the verification code, an option will appear to request a phone call. Choose the Call me option to request the call. When you answer the call, an automated voice will tell you the 6-digit verification code. Enter this code into WhatsApp Business.
- Note: Depending on your carrier, you may receive charges for SMS and phone calls.
If you’re having issues verifying, please try the following:
- Reboot your phone (to reboot your phone, turn it off, wait 30 seconds and turn it back on).
- Delete and reinstall the latest version of WhatsApp Business.
- To check your reception, send a test SMS message from any mobile phone to the mobile phone number you’re trying to verify (enter the mobile phone number exactly as you entered it in WhatsApp Business, including the country code).
- Note: We can’t send your verification code via other methods due to security reasons.